Wireless Internet on PC in China

by Jim

How can I have wireless internet on my labtop ? I am visiting China in December and would like to know.


You need a "PCMCIA" or "PC Card" modem which is available for GSM, GPRS, EV-DO and UMTS.
The PC cards works like mobile phones except they don't have a screen nor a battery but you plug it into the laptop. The cards come with a piece of software which allows you to enter the PIN (or leave blank), to select the network (e.g. China Mobile) as well as creating a data connection to the Internet. Once connected, you can do mostly everything you can do from your Internet connected home PC as well, browsing the web, sending and receiving E-Mails, etc...

Before you plug the PC card into the laptop, you plug a China GPRS SIM card into this card. The China GPRS SIM card represents the local network carrier.

You may rent an China USB Modem from us.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to China Mobile Question.