China Mobile Wap Setting
Do you know how I can enable WAP ? How does it work ?
WAP stands for Wireless Access Protocol, and is more commonly referred to as "Mobile Internet"
Most of today's cell phones, smartphones and PDAs come with a built in WAP browser. With a WAP browser, you can access dedicated WAP pages while on the move in China.
As WAP phones have smaller screens, content is often fairly basic, so pages are quite efficient and downloaded quickly.
Getting China Mobile WAP
Here's what you need to get WAP in China:
- A cell phone with a WAP browser built-in
- A SIM card that supports data transfer (if in doubt, ask your network operator if your SIM is gprs-enabled)
- To set up your cell phone's data connection to a WAP access point. We list the WAP gateways for China on this page. You can connect via GPRS (billed by the megabyte)
Once your cell phone it set up correctly, you need to go to your China Mobile network operatror's WAP homepage to access WAP content.
- homepage: http//wap.monternet.com ( China mobile WAP home page )
- data bearer: GPRS
- gateway Address: 10.0.0.172
- gateway port number: 9201 or 80
- overtime limit: 600 (suggested)
- APN setting:CMWAP
- name: blank
- password: blank